Friday, March 31, 2017

The Trifecta of Devilry

What's a boy to do on his day off, when he spends the morning dealing with insurance companies and banks and Lawyers.

It is like the trifecta of devilry.

I'm still trying to get an insurance payment for my front fence that was wiped out by Granny Clampett in her Silver Shopping Machine. I thought all you had to do was provide two quotes and the problem was dealt with... but no. The insurance company wants more detailed quotes. What do I know, I'm not a tradie. I just called these guys up and got quotes, they are independent and all I want is my property put back in the same condition before Miss Mistook the Accelerator for the Brake turned up. 
She said she was just looking for a car park. 
Yeah, well, good for you, honey.

I was talking to the lawyer about the insurance company. I was trying to find out what I have to legally provide to the insurance company. Apparently, that is a little vague.

The banking was for me. You know, it is all so much easier with the internet. But it kept failing with every turn I mad, every document I filled in, with every application I made, and it was really annoying. It took three phone calls to the banking institution in question to sort it out, and then I really sorted it out on my own. 
There are no known problems with Safari, said, Brad, the boy on the other end of the phone, who I am sure thought I was an idiot. 
However, eventually, once I switched browsers all of the problems went away.
Yay!
Whose the idiot now Brad?




So, what do you do on a Friday arvo, after that, stew up all the apples that are left in the fruit bowl, of course, before "The Bossy One," read Sam, makes us go grocer shopping to buy fresh on the weekend.

My mum used to stew apples and into hers she used to put cut up pieces of lemon, which used to drive my dad apoplectic. I can still hear him, 

"Why do you have to put this shit lemon in the apple when you stew it?" 

Ah, it makes me chuckle. I'm not at all sure if that is an appropriate response. Shrug. I guess, it is just remembering the two of them.  Chuckle. It is of a time, and of a place that now doesn't exist. Should that make me laugh? My dad was a funny guy, my mum was funny too, so why not?

Lives begin and lives end, and time marches forward relentlessly, you can be assure of that.

I'm listening to America's Ventura Highway. I love that beginning riff, it is the most gorgeous thing.
Then I listened to Angie Stone.
Then I listened to Joe Cocker.

No comments: