Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Games Shop

Sam takes me to EB Games. It's like going to Mars. There is nothing in there that makes any sense to me, there is nothing that takes my interest. It is like a space where the walls are covered in land fill, a perplexing array of cheap art work and plastic packaging. I don't get it at all. My head spins at my inability to find something to peruse. 

Apparently, Super Mario is saving Princess Peach from a turtle? From a turtle? Who knew.
Sam just looks at me as if I have missed something important in life.
Me, "I thought he just jumped along a wall?"
Sam, rolls his eyes.

Clearly games are not my thing. We look at the shelves of merchandise. Sam says, "Oh, look, at this."

Me, blank. It looks like every other thing at which you have pointed.

People seem to be keen on the stuff. There are queues at the register, people are clearly keen on what they are selling.

I find a seat and start writing this hoping that I can... oh, I don't know what, not look too out of place. I just hope we can leave soon.

No comments: