Saturday, September 08, 2018

Dishonest Corporate Culture, or Just Something Different For Brekky

I went to Coles and to get muffin ingredients and cereal for the week, as I was out of muesli, but I felt like something different to muesli just for a change. How many years have I eaten homemade muesli and finally I am sick of it? I just couldn’t face it. You know when you think of something and your stomach just says no to you. That is what happened, I was somewhat surprised. It has been my staple breakfast for longer than I can remember.

I stood in the cereal aisle and looked at the cereals intending to choose something nice and sweet and sugary. White chocolate blocks with cranberries. Mixed fruit sugar puffs with freeze dried strawberry essence. Pistachio praline fingers with woven wheat pillows and honey. You know the kind of thing? However, while I was standing there, at least, five people walked up, pretty girls, not that that counted for too much with me, and they all got a box of Weetabix. One, two, three, four, five. One after the other. Maybe the universe was trying to tell me something, I thought, and I got Weetabix too. 

I’ve been eating them all week with honey, and they are lovely. 

Real honey, well as far as you can tell what is real honey. I mean, you can’t trust any big corporations claims now a days, especially food companies. They all lie. The whole honey scandal is outrageous. We think we are buying pure honey and most of it turns out not to be. But, the label says it is pure honey.

We need legislated food labelling, that is now clear. Self regulation simply doesn't work.

Of course, then the labelling lobby groups will pay off the politicians and we probably won’t be any better off. But, you know, you have got to try, now don’t you.

No comments: