Friday, January 18, 2019

I Scared A Disabled Girl In Smith Street, Yes, Very Proud.

I was walking home down Smith Street and a girl was walking towards me. I moved closer to the window, so she could go passed me, but then so did she move closer to the window. I had my headphones in listening to U2 and didn’t think much of it. But, I wasn’t giving her any ground. I stuck to the window and so did she. Then we were coming face to face. Neither of us giving ground. Stopped. I pulled out my left earbud and then, suddenly, she was apologising to me, and she was clearly mentally disabled. She seemed scared and intimidated and confused by my actions, right there in front of me. A small, scared lamb, she scurried around me. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” she said.

I suddenly felt like a bastard. She kept apologising. I winced inside.

“I’m sorry,” I said.

She went into Subway, still apologising, I got the distinct feeling to get away from me.

Oops.

No comments: