Monday, March 25, 2019

Pushing Up Against Me On The Tram

It was a blustery, windy morning, I love mornings like it. I love it when the wind blows fresh and clean. The cool breeze makes me feel alive.

7.30am. I caught the tram at Spring Street.

A guy followed right behind me onto the tram and sat next to me. He was displeased when I sat on the aisle seat and didn’t move over to the window. He mouthed something, mumbled maybe, like fuckwit. I could feel the angst radiate from him. Oh, we have an angry one here, I thought, as he pushed in past me.

He tried to take more room than he was entitled, as soon as we sat down, but I stood firm or, sat firm as the case may be. He was clearly trying to make me pay for not moving to the window seat. He pushed his leg against mine, but I just pushed my leg back against his leg. I’m not adverse to a solid wog boy’s leg against mine, not at all. His leg felt solid and muscular pushed up against mine.

Nice thighs, I thought.

I got out my phone and started writing my journal, as if he wasn’t there at all. (Actually, I started to write this)

He tried to push his shoulders back but, again, I held firm. I pushed back. He squirmed around next to me trying to get more of my space, pushing his thighs, pushing his shoulders, pushing his arse, continually, but I was the immovable object. I wouldn’t budge. Keep going, because I can.

Try all you like, buddy, I thought, but I’m enjoying a big wog boy squirming around up against me. Nose twitch.

I didn’t give in.

Then, when he got off, he tried to step on me as much as he could, as he got off at Swanson Street, but Auntie Elton was singing, You’ve Got to Love Someone, in my ears and I couldn’t have cared less. That gorgeous piano gave me shelter from the storm. 


Have a nice day, pathetic, I thought, so early to be so angry already with the day. I didn’t look up, but I could feel the agro leave me, I could feel a certain calm return.

No comments: