Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Early Morning

7.25am. I'm 10 minutes from my CBD office. The 109 is packed with people. I’m sitting right up the front in the priority seats, so if some old cunt gets on I have to give my seat up, I must move when I can, so I don’t have to do that. If they can get on a tram, they can stand like the rest of us, surely? Of course, if they are struggling that is a different story. I guess. But seriously, how many people seriously struggle to get on the tram? Really, it is just a nonsense that makes us feel as though we have done something good. It’s an extension of the patriarchal society, you will give up your position from somebody superior, wrapped up in Judeo Christian ideas of good.

There seems to be a lot of sados going to work early. (Sad, in the sense, they would give their, probably uncaring employer, work hours for free) Who goes to work this early? The conscientious? The desperate not to lose their jobs. The pathetic who are inept and can’t get their work done in the time allotted. The ambitious, I guess. I have no idea. I only go to work this early so I can leave work early and be home before the madness happens in the afternoon. I get to work this early and I am home again at 5pm, it seems like a fair trade off to me. How many of my fellow tram travellers this morning can make such a claim?


No comments: