Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Conservatives Are Pathetic

5.50am. I could hear Bruno walking around his claws clip clopping on the floorboards, so I get up and take him downstairs. It was dark. Early morning.

Milo is on his table wanting food. He has that feed-me stare where he fixes his eyes on you and his eyes just follow you until he wills you into the pantry to grab the cat food container.

I make coffee. Bruno and I sit on the couch together.

It’s (my ex-girlfriend) Leah’s birthday, she is 250 years old… er… un, no, ha ha, that’s Captain Cook. She is? How old is she? Funny to think that. (The monster woman from the deep) I am sure, she thinks our estrangement is all my doing, and it is not because she is an overbearing pain in the arse. Nyr, whatever? Oh well, there you go. What can you do?

I stopped talking to her because she became overbearing. She never really tried to patch things up between us. She never really did anything to make things better. She’s too much of a self absorbed Sydneysider for that. You know they say that all the narcissists from Melbourne end up in Sydney, because Sydney is that kind of town. Melbourne people will call you out on it, Sydney people are too self absorbed to notice.

Anyway, I guess we had to stop playing ex-boyfriend and ex-girlfriend, it really makes no sense any longer. And besides, despite the fact I really loved her at one stage, and she really was my best friend, and at one point I couldn’t envisage life without her in it, um, how do I put this, it was just the time in which we grew up that threw us together, we should never have been together, I should have had boyfriends all along.


6.30am. I sign into work.

It rained and rained and rained and rained. It rained all day.

12 midday we ate fried rice for lunch.


No more than two people should be out in public together, with the exception of family and household groups.


James Cook’s critics can relish the irony that a global pandemic has diminished the planned lavish commemorations of his east coast Australian arrival 250 years ago today.

Many Indigenous people and supporters of their causes and sensibilities rightly view the lieutenant as the doorman for so many ills that followed, including the smallpox epidemic of 1789 that killed as many as seven in 10 Aboriginal people of the new colony for which Cook’s arrival paved the way.


Is there anything more pathetic than conservative politicians and conservative commentators, the self appointed champions of free speech.

Victoria’s deputy chief health officer, Dr Annaliese van Diemen tweeted – Sudden arrival of an invader from another land, decimating populations, creating terror. Forces the population to make enormous sacrifices & completely change how they live in order to survive. COVID19 or Cook 1770? 

And the conservative politicians and conservative commentators, the self appointed champions of free speech, lose their shit, calling for her to lose her job because she exercised her right to free speech.

In conservative world, free speech only applies to those people who are saying things with which the conservative politicians and conservative commentators agree.


China bristles at Australia's call for investigation into coronavirus origin. Beijing warns relationship could be damaged ‘beyond repair’ after Australian prime minister Scott Morrison cites ‘extraordinary’ impact of Covid-19.

Oh, boo hoo to China, it’s about the only decent thing Morrison has done.


I lay on the couch after lunch and slept for an hour. Oh, you have to love working from home. I am never going back to the office, have I mentioned that before?

I got back to work at 1.30pm. Back at it pulling it all together, deadline Wednesday, let's wind this shit show up.

I have everything done by 3.30pm.

I signed out at 4pm. And that is it for the day. Too much rain to take the dogs for a walk, so they didn’t get to go. We all stayed warm in front of the open fire instead.

We ate tomato and meatball pasta for dinner.

We watched teli.


No comments: