Friday, April 24, 2020

Living In Ghost Town

Bruno woke me at 6.15am. It was dark. We both headed downstairs. I switch on one of the lounge room lamps. Bruno and I get on the couch together. Bruno cuddles up to my left leg keeping me warm

Ah Friday, you have got to love them. Bruno looks at me with his beautiful eyes. I kiss his head. We feel contained and safe in the dark morning. Well, I do, you’ll have to take my word for it regarding Bruno.


Australia recorded just 13 new cases overnight, while the national death toll rose to 79. A 79-year-old woman, who was part of the cluster of cases in north-west Tasmania, died overnight; a passenger from the Artania cruise ship died in hospital in Western Australia; and a fifth resident at Sydney’s Newmarch House aged care facility died on Friday. Health authorities in Victoria, where six new cases were recorded overnight, are investigating a new cluster at a private inpatient psychiatric facility in Melbourne. So far 14 people, including five patients, have tested positive to Covid-19 in relation to this outbreak.

The federal government is pushing for schools to reopen, with Morrison stressing that there is no requirement under the national health advice for classrooms to ensure students remain 1.5m apart, with four square metres per child, at all times. But the states have all adopted different positions. Scotty from marketing, aka scummo, suck on that.


I re-wrote all of CJ novel draft 2009. Josh has a mum and a dad, still married. His mum is quiet a character always butting into her two son’s lives. Amanda likes being involved in her handsome son’s lives.

In a break from writing, I put on headphones and listened to some car YouTubers, which may make my tinnitus play up, so they say, more than it already is. That is the headphones and not the YouTube channels, you understand. I’m learning all about American cars watching American car resto programs on YouTube. I’ve always been a car nut, I’ve always had a great knowledge of cars, but not American cars, so I love it. Watching YouTube and learning something at the same time. Ha ha, that’s butter.

We ate leftover Japanese Curry for lunch.

I started re-writing CJ novel draft 2010. I am planning to re-write the whole thing, (it’s in years) all 10 years of it. I wrote this somewhere else but, I have already re-written 2020, 2019 and 2018. There isn’t much in 2017. And I have done 2009.

We walked the dogs to the Carlton Gardens. You’ve got to love lockdown, the streets are quiet, as are the parks. The Carlton Gardens are meditative walking the two boys in its quieter state. Lovely picturesque and calm.

We ate tomato and olive pasta for dinner.

The Rolling Stones releases Living in a Ghost Town. New music, yay. It's good too, I like it. It's cool. It is always good to have new music from The Stones.

It is a song they recorded last year, but decided it had particular relevance to today. They just had to re-write some of the lyrics before they put it out.

The streets during the pandemic do resemble a ghost town somewhat, don’t they.


I feel like a ghost

Livin' in a ghost town

Drifting around

in a deserted town

We can look for others

But they can't be found

Nobody searches for us

Nobody is around

Life is so beautiful

When we all got locked down

We feel like ghosts

like it is our own town, yeah.


Once this place was packed

And the air was full of yap

The sound of cars crashin'

Glasses were all clankin'

Voices were all yackin’'

People were blarin'

Nobody was carin'

If it was day or night

Woah, woah

Now we are ghosts

Livin' in a ghost town

Are we getting anywhere?


I can listen to The Rolling Stones all day, every day. They have never released a dud song. (I don’t know why blogger does this, the enlargement thing, but so often it seems so appropriate)

Well, that isn't strictly correct. True of Beggars Banquet and everything since.

But, I hate Lady Jane, in fact anything with harpsichord is dodgy. I don't like Their Satanic Majesties Request. And I find Between The Buttons problematic.

But, it is pretty much true of everything else. All great.


No comments: