Thursday, March 25, 2021

Gone Shopping

Today, my weekend started, Yay. (What was my crazy boss thinking suggesting I increase my hours? It almost translated as part time workers don’t deserve pay rises. That’s your progressive law firm for you) Sam worked. I was gone all morning.

I shopped, got lost in it, sometimes I can. I zipped all over the place, care free. Second hand shops, I love them, looking at all the stuff. I avoided the bakeries, as I wouldn't have once. Oh, my shopping trips would always normally involve tasting the sweet treats along the way, but not anymore. I went to my favourite emporium in Melbourne, Hot Bargains.

I bought a number of DVDs for my movie collection. $2 a movie, I don't reckon is a bad deal. I think I have told you before, I have a hard drive that works just like Netflix, or Stan, on my TV.

Brunswick, Preston, Thornbury, Northcote, the northern suburbs. It was nice, not really having to buy anything in particular. Just looking at all the stuff. It is purely escapism, sometimes I am up for it.

I bought a Chinese Money Plant for $3, which I repotted as soon as I got home. I bought an elephant for my elephant collection. I nearly bought, oh what would you call it, an orange Indian beaded throw, but I didn't. I liked it, but wondered what I'd do with it.

I was home by 1pm. My Korean sweet potato noodle lunch was warm and waiting on the bench for me.

My day shopping.


No comments: