Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Old Fillet-of-Fish Raises Her Ugly Trout Mouth

I have been having ongoing dealings with the incompetent bitch senior Sydney HR manager Fillet-of-Fish. She wanted some figures done, and as usual she has given vague instructions, and insufficient details, which is always her recipe for blaming you when things go wrong.

You know, the best outcome I can hope for when dealing with her is that I get to the end of dealing with her with my reputation relatively intact.

And she has been at it again. I supplied all the wrong figures to her, according to her. 

She called Boris and screamed down the phone at her, which had the opposite effect than she had anticipated, if she had any idea of what effect she was going to have.

"I picked up the phone and she just screamed down the phone at me, How could this happen? How could this happen? How could this happen?" said Boris. "I couldn't really believe it. All I could think was what is this all about. I was forced to ask her to calm down. Seriously," said Boris. She gave me a disbelieving look.

Apparently, Fillet-of-Fish gave the figures to some execs and they were wrong.

Lucky for me, I have leaned to never pick up a phone call from her. Any dealings I have with her have to be in writing.

I keep thinking it can't just be me who she does this to? Surely, she does it to other people? Surely, her incompetence will be found out. But it never seems to.


One of the other financial accountants, one who has a management position, said to me in the kitchen that I was lucky. 

I’d asked him how he was, you know as you do, and he said to me that he was exhausted and had too much work to do. 

We’ve implemented a new system and it’s been a long and drawn out process to get it right and finally now it’s up and running. I haven’t had much to do with it because I only work part time and I don’t have so much responsibility, but he has been in charge of the whole operation.

I said to him, oh why do you say that? Me being lucky and all.

He said, just working three days you’re lucky.

I said, it was a conscious decision from working hard at my previous law firm and just being shit on in the end, I decided that I would only work as I like to work, which translated to 3 days. 

He said I was smart.

I said, I’ve never regretted the decision.

He reiterated that I was lucky.


That's been my week, the spectre of Fillet-of-Fish potentially raising her ugly trout head at any moment.

And being, I guess you'd call it, complimented by one of the other guys.

And I am done for the week.


No comments: