Thursday, April 25, 2024

Time For A Walk

Today, I am going to take the dogs for a walk early.

Then, I am going to contemplate life.

Do my TattsLotto? My friend LouLou is going to be homeless soon, caught up in the rent explosion, so much so she can't afford to rent any longer. I need to buy her a house. Come on TattsLotto, it's for a good cause.

LouLou lived in a very basic unit and consequently she only paid $150 per week. Four older, single women on low incomes lived there so I'm guessing they will all be having trouble securing new places to live. It was a weird (ugly) block of four Besser Block units, on either side there was a vacant block of land. As it turns out, the units and the two vacant blocks belong to the same people and now they are developing the whole lot, of course. LouLou had 3 months notice until Jan 31st to move out. Then she had a couple of months of house sitting lined up, which would bring us approx to current time.

I should call her.


I have to consider what I am going to do about my car? The damage doesn't really need to be fixed, but then I am left with a damaged car. Do I want to spend a couple of thousand to get it fixed?

I have to consider what I am going to do about my leaking roof? It has to be fixed, but the quote that I got is way more than I expected it to be? What to do?


Anyway, first I'm going to have a shower and harness up the hounds and go for a meditative walk first up.


Except, Sam reminds me he's not working either, being that strange public holiday where we commemorate war and killing and so on and what have you, when people claim long dead relatives as heroes who they couldn't possibly have ever have known. So we head out for lunch together taking the woofs with us.

There is a new Indonesian restaurant in Lygon Street we want to try. Apparently, we are going to get take away, as we need to get Charlie some lunch too.


No comments: