Monday, March 08, 2010

Has The Weather Changed All Over The World?

My, my, it's still raining. It's kind of stop start balmy, rather than slow and steady like it used to be.

Let's hope it's falling in the catchment areas - that's what we're supposed to be saying, isn't it?

The weather here has changed, we get torrential rain now, big storms, suddenly the rain comes down. Melbourne's weather has become more tropical. It's much more humid than it used to be.

I guess, if we open our eyes, the weather has changed everywhere, all over the world.

And yet, the politicians are still dicking about, still putting their own careers ahead of what needs to be done - all those little lawyer fucks shoring up their superannuation in three year thought brackets.


I waited all afternoon for the skies to clear up so I could go bike riding, until I realised I could be waiting till tomorrow judging by the clouds, so around 4pm I headed off.

My final thought, as I headed off, as the light rain sprinkled my hair, helmet, was, What is the worst that can happen? (I might get wet?)

I laughed to myself, as I wheeled down my street, what fait am I tempting by thinking that thought just before I leave home on my pushy?

I deserved for a truck to run me down on Victoria Parade, just to prove the universe had a sense of humour.

 

No comments: