Thursday, March 11, 2010

Alice in 3d




I went to see Alice in Wonderland with Mark and Luke and Shane at Imax. I wanted to hate it, but didn’t. It was quite good.

It's not the original Alice in Wonderland story, it's an interpretation of what could have come next, or something like that. I haven't seen the original in years, so it was all a bit vague to me. liked it. I expected to hate it, but I thought it was good. The 3d I found a little distracting at the beginning, but I got used to it. Mark said that Avatar was much clearer and crisper in 3d - I guess I should go see it, some how it just doesn't appeal.

I liked the lead girl, she reminded me more of Gwyneth Paltrow than Courtney Love. That seems to have been the main criticism, that she looks like a heroin addict. I didn't see it.

Johnny Depp was good, not annoying at all, as I suspected. Helena Bonham Carter was great. Matt Lucas is a genius.

I want a Cheshire Cat.

No comments: