Monday, March 21, 2011

Bad Auntie

An Auntie of Sam's has tagged along to Australia on his parents first trip to visit their son. Sam was not happy and has been mean to her, picking fights, putting her in her place, at the slightest provocation.

You see, she has been trying to direct the show, influence proceedings, like wanting to always do things other than what is proposed. They are now all going to Sydney for three days, as Auntie declared she couldn't possibly come to Australia without seeing Sydney. You know probably true, but with that rationale

Sam has a plan for his parent's entire holiday. He only sees it as his parent's holiday, onto which Auntie has tagged along, so he has no compunction about putting her in her place.


He doesn't like her, it would be fair to say. Some of the things he tells me that he has said to her, they seem tough and I know he does have a tough, unbending attitude to him occasionally, I hadn't quite seen it in all its glory.


Note to self: don't upset him.

Actually, I usually laugh when I see it, so I don't see it so often. It shrinks under the face of ridicule, like most things of an unreasonable nature.

Then he laughs too. His face breaks into that adorable smile.


I said to him, "But with you always arguing with the Auntie, doesn't that affect your parent's holiday? And not for the better."


He explained. "I can't have her going home and giving a good report." His serious face."Oh Sam's house is a good place to go, he's doing very well for himself." Serious face, hands up in the air. "Otherwise, every relative I know, and some I don't, will come."


No comments: