Friday, March 18, 2011

Dinner Tonight with Sam and His Parents

I'm having dinner tonight with Sam and his parents. His parents are in Australia for the first time, they are here for 2 weeks. They don't speak any English. Oh, come on, it should be lovely. Nervous smile. I usually have parents charm, but not if I can't talk to them. Hey? They are dropping by late in the afternoon after they have spent the day in the city.

They don't know Sam is gay. Sam thinks it's a good idea, dinner that is, he says they won't think of it? But they keep asking him if he has a girlfriend? When are you getting married?

I might just lean over and kiss him in the middle of dinner, that would fix it, hey?

You know, I don't care if my boyfriend is in, or out, to his parents, it's up to him. It is a personal decision, whatever he wants to do is okay with me. However, you are not giving them a chance if you don't tell them. Only one of my friends has parents who never got used to the idea and who still give him grief about it. So, one out of how many? You've got to give them the chance.

And, every little bit helps. The more people who are out, it'll be just be that little bit easier for everyone else. Not that you have to do it for anyone else, mostly it is your own life that is easier.

But, I guess you all know that. Big smile. 


4 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Maybe they already know ;-)

FletcherBeaver said...

May be?

Gabriel said...

i hope you have a spare room because they are going to be moving in to your place in no time. congratulations, this is a huge step indeed for santo.

FletcherBeaver said...

An aunty came too. Santo has been mean to her. His explanation
"I can't have her going home and giving a good report, otherwise every relative I have will come."