Monday, March 14, 2011

Easy Fucken Peasy

I didn't get my car battery changed. The greatest of ideas, hey?

It was the simplest of plans, head to the country Saturday, spend some time with Mark, smoking some hooch, finish rendering the walls that were destroyed in the recent floods... well, an excess of water that thundered down the gully, more so than any river breaking its bank and taking out the whole goddam ponderosa, you understand. Monday morning get up head to the country automotive shop where I'd be able to drive right in and have the man change it for me, then scoot down the highway and into the arms of my boy.

Easy fucken peasy!

Well no, it’s a public holiday, isn’t it. God dam! Okay, I guess it serves me right for all the times I’ve smugly said that I don’t feel any disappointment around missing out on Monday public holidays, as I don’t have to ever work a Monday, ha ha, when asked by fellow work colleagues.
Bugger! Now I’ve got to battle with a faulty car for the rest of the week. Good thing I don’t drive it... much... nervous smile.

Any other Monday...

Grrrr! I head off to see Sam... with my fingers crossed.

No comments: