Monday, March 03, 2014

Here I am, here again. Monday morning

It is a dim morning, the sun is hardly breaking the clouds. The sky is grey.

Tina Turner sings, Let’s stay together.

I sip my coffee.

Buddy is lying next to me. His paws are pressed against my leg.

I program in What’s Love Got to do with it and Private dancer as the next songs. I think to myself that I must get more Tina Turner. I don’t have her singing Help.

Truthfully I’m lazy and not on a Tina kick. It is just where my itunes has opened for the last couple of days.

Buddy snores next to me.

Addicted to love plays. Live. Thank you Tina. The crowd goes wild having witnessed legend.

Randy Crawford is up next with her blues band. Everyday I have the blues.

Buddy’s snoring doesn’t miss a beat. Clearly, bulldog’s don’t snore to the beat of the music.

He’s a smart dog, though. He just seems to know stuff. He picks stuff up. If he hears the “lead” draw open he is next to you bouncing in moments. None of the other draws in that sideboard, only the one particular draw we keep the lead in.

If he hears the lead draw open for a second time in the day, he will always head to his kennel. Ah, if it is all the same with you, my walking’s done for the day.

He twigs the moment he feels the energy change in the room. He knows exactly what getting ready to leave the house vibe feels. He is on it in minutes, watching us. I see, putting on shoes. Oh, him too. The smile on his face kind of broadens.

He instinctively seems to know when he isn’t coming and he’ll take himself off to his kennel as if to say, well fuck you then, this feels like I am not coming. Boo Hoo.

If we get the car keys, but no lead draw, he knows pretty quickly it isn’t going to be a car ride for him and he heads to his kennel again, and doesn’t normally make a reappearance. You don’t see him again before you leave. He sits right at the back of his kennel so you can't even accidentally see him.

He always knows when his dinner is being prepared. Occasionally, if we are in the kitchen preparing his food and we get to chatting and get distracted, he kind of growl barks from the doorway as if to say, Today Ladies!

No comments: