Wednesday, March 05, 2014

I Thought We’d Decided Not To Do That Any More

We were woken to the rubbish truck dropping the bottles into the crusher. Then Sam was reminding me that I hadn’t put the bins out. We seemed to be woken again to what we thought was the recycling rubbish being collected. It was very early for either rubbish collection, let alone both. Then I was woken by Buddy hopping up onto the bed and making himself comfortable in the pillows. Sniff. Sneeze. Sniff. Sneeze.

Sam got dressed. I pat the bulldog.

Sam called in sick. “Cough, cough. Sorry I’m not well.” I think it is the second sick day he has taken in four years.

I made coffee.

Sam put the recycling rubbish out, it hadn’t come, as yet. Usually, I do it, it is one of the chores that I get because of the premium chore of cooking Sam does. He always grumbles on the one, of second day he might have to it in twelve months.

Sam had the doors and windows open in the lounge room, as he likes to do. Cool air was seeping in. There was no breeze to blow it in. The cold air just enveloped you.

Sam was playing Pharrell Williams. He was listening to the previews of his album. Sam decided against it.



Facebook

Winter is here. What happened to the weather? Summer has been turned off. Although, I quite like it, don’t get me wrong.

Nobody comments. All the dross they talk and all the dross they respond to, and I didn’t get one comment.



The cold wind is picking up.

I put Bad Company on, but it really is a bad choice for the morning. I persist with it, I want to hear it.

Sam says, “What is this shit music?”

Sam looks at the bulldog adds online. I suggest to him that he messages Jason and asking him if he has any Buddy puppy photos.

Sam texts Jason to see if he has any baby photos of Buddy. It’s a long shot, but plans change, people don’t do the things they say they were going to do. He could still have the same phone and have photos on it and just send them.

He texted back quite quickly with a photo, Buddy doesn’t look that much different.

“Is the dog okay?”

He’s great, really great.

We sent Jason a recent photo of Buddy.

“Lol top dog wish I still had him thankx for lookin after him looks well.”

I asked Sam why he thought Jason started his message with lol.

Sam didn’t know either.

It was cold, but Sam still has the doors and windows open. I’m freezing.


We ate left over Indonesian Chicken and rice for lunch.

I continued to roll joints.

We saw that Gordon’s second house was sold. I took a photo. Well, houses are held for a long time in Fitzroy, they may not come up for sale again. SOLD. It is one for the archives.

It was a slow morning on our laptops.

I hope I am not boring for Sam, boring stoned. I ask him, he says no. I ask him what he wants to do, I’m up for anything he wants. He doesn’t come up with anything.

He keeps giving me dirty looks, which I think are just adorable.

He acts as though he is being strangled every time I head to the mull bowl. He lies on the couch with his tongue out as I roll it. I think it is funny, I hope he is being funny.

Later, he tells me I am boring, but he still doesn’t say what he wants to do.

He slept a lot, come to think of it. Bad Christian!

Sam wanted to know if I wanted to do crystal this long weekend. Suddenly, out of the blue. Me at my laptop, he sleeping on the couch behind, poked in the back. “Ay…”

I thought we’d agreed that we weren’t doing it any more. I thought we decided that it was now pointless the quality was so low?

“Do you want to do crystal this long weekend?”

“I see,” I say. “Really?” I thought we’d decided not to do that any more?

“It is a long weekend.”

I’m piss weak, we know that.

“This is you suggesting it.”

“Ah ha.

He kept reminding me, when I didn’t do anything. He kept telling me, when I still hadn’t done anything. He wanted me to order from the South Yarra Connection. His reliable guys hadn’t returned calls. I see. The process is already rolling.

He wanted to do it because we’re not having much sex. That’s why it is important. I know that, it is not meant to sound dramatic.

I was wavering.

The trouble was that I was a bit too stoned, shit faced to perform the task. I had to make myself, summand my energies, pull the rabbit from the hat. I have to do this. It is now up to me.

Finally, I psyched myself up to call, I picked up my phone and a call from David lights up on my screen. I kid you not. The ex-tina whore herself, reaching for me, as I reach out to evil.

David was hysterical about the symbolism, “and you continue to tell me you don’t believe.” I tell him it is just a coincidence, “you ring me everyday.”

"I am your conscious."

“Of course you are.”

“Walk toward the light, Carol Anne.”

"It is a coincidence."

“Is it darling? So many coincidences?” said haughtily by one of the “spiritual” who has an unshakeable belief in his crossing over to the light.

We laughed.

He wanted to talk endlessly about what we are doing, because he has only been allowed to experience it vicariously since 2004. Filthy ex drug whore.

I have to hang up on him to get rid of him.

I return to the task at hand. Breath. Breath. Breath. I search my contacts, I don’t even have South Yarra’s number in my phone.

I give it to Sam, he dials it and hands it back to me. “It’s ringing.”

“It’s ringing?

“It’s ringing.”

I do okay, surprisingly well all things considered.

“Call again Friday.”



Later, I asked Sam about the mystery of the phone number, when I check to see what it looks like on my screen, so I wouldn’t miss it again, and I still don’t have his number.

“Where’s the number? It’s not in my phone?”

“You can’t have it,” said Sam. “It is too dangerous for you to have it, you will be naughty. No, you can’t be trusted with it. I will keep it for safe keeping.

He was thinking about Easter, when he is home with his family and I will be in Melbourne on my own.

No comments: