Thursday, July 06, 2017

Today

I headed into the city in the afternoon and bought The Man Who Came To Dinner. The dvds were way more expensive than I anticipated, so that was all I bought. Oh, and I bought Mildred Pierce, the movie for which Joan Crawford won her academy award. I bought it as an after thought, it was cheap. (That was how Bette Davis may have referred to Joan Crawford. Laugh)

Wow, they were expensive dvds, I thought as I headed home. Forty, fifty bucks. That is going to be an expensive distraction, as I'll need more than one, clearly. (How many dvds does one need for the rest of their life?)

Then I came home and bought five Bette Davis DVDs on ebay, for a 1/3 of the price, a 1/4 of the price, the same price as one at the city shop. Marked Woman, The Little Foxes, Phone Call from a Stranger, Where Has Love Gone and Beyond the Forest, that's the "What a dump," movie. Historically thought of as her worst movie, but over time, apparently, people have started changing their minds about it. (Even Benny Hill is considered a comedy genius in some circles)

"What a dump."

That's how I dealt with my lack of writing... today. Do you think watching old dvds is the same as reading? No. No, of course it’s not. Pity. It would be so much easier. Big smile.


No comments: