Friday, January 19, 2018

Enjoying the Cool While I Can

I'm sitting outside in the cool air, not yet 7am. 40 degrees today, over 40. I'm enjoying the cool while I can. There is the slightest whisper of a breeze. The air is faintly cool.

The leaves rustle on the branches and there is a burst of fresh air. But then it is still, pretty much, the whole world is still, holding its breath in anticipation of the heat to come. The sky is bright blue.

I should water the garden. I'm going to go and water the garden. A bit of Norah Jones is in order to water.

I should go for a walk, I have been a lazy arse. Funny how I think to go for a walk on the hottest day.

I did give up (my holiday) smoking on Monday, though, so that is one thing crossed off the list. What is that? 5 days.

I'm going for a walk before it gets too hot. A little Donny Hathaway. Lovely.

No comments: