Sunday, November 25, 2018

Another Decapitated Rat

Another decapitated rat disembowelled at the bottom of the stairs at 7am. Lovely. Good morning world. That is Milo's spot to leave his prey. Every morning that I come down to find his latest victim I am thankful that we sleep with our bedroom door closed. Otherwise, I reckon... oh... middle of the night standing on my chest, carcass hanging out of his mouth... 'oiw'

I'm just nervous that one morning I won't notice and I'll get intestines squished between my toes before I have even had time to fully open my eyes.

I'm not really complaining, mind you, Milo is just doing his job. He's really fast. He probably kills two rats per week, fortunately he doesn't bring them all inside. Big cities have rats. When we are between cats, shall we say, it gets to the stage when we can hear the rats running around in the ceiling at night, that's when I know it is time to get a new cat. When we have a cat, we never hear rats scratching about, we just find their dead bodies.

Still, 7am is far too early to be contemplating that another small creature has lost its life.

No comments: