Thursday, November 29, 2018

Sometimes I Just Go Shopping. Yes, Me.

I bought second hand CDs from the op-shop for $1 each and I spent the afternoon loading them into iTunes.

John Farnham, Marvin Gaye, Pauline Henry, Norah Jones, Billy Joel, Incognito, James Brown, Fugees, Vince Jones, Al Green.

What else are days off for? (Writing? What? Writing what? Oh fuck, I can’t be arsed writing. There are so many things I could be doing, if I weren’t writing.)

Wasting my life? No, I wouldn’t say that.

After that, I had a nap on the couch. Lovely.

That’s why I work 3 days a week, baby. Get out of jail. Have more time off. Enjoy yourself more. Buy more shit. And second hand shit doesn’t add to the capitalist dream. It is outside the free market economy, Liberal Party, revolving Prime Minister, GDP wet dream, so that has to be a good thing, right? (Do you like that?) I like shopping more if it is a political act.

I know I should be writing, what is your point?

No comments: