Friday, April 05, 2019

Mother Hubbard

I went to the cupboard to get some more coffee beans to fill the coffee machine this morning so I could have my third coffee, but there were none.

"What the fuck!" I, actually, heard myself say as my search of the pantry became more and more frantic. Shelf to shelf. I moved everything. 

"They must be here some where?"

And we weren't, actually, out of coffee beans, but we just nearly were, the machine was nearly empty.

"What the fuck!"

I caught myself being cross, frantic, if I was honest. How could this happen? I think I even had a little sweat on my brow. Then I laughed at myself, ah, the fail safe. Everything is serious until you see the funny side. Just take a look at yourself, I thought. Chuckle. 

First world problems, I thought. 

If nothing else, Coles is only a 5 minute walk away.

No comments: