Tuesday, September 10, 2019

I'm Sick

I'm home sick. I thought I was teflon coated, as everyone was getting sick around me, and I never came down with it. I walked through with wings of steal. But alas…

You see, Sam had it last week, and it was he who bought it into the house, and now I have it, thank you Sam. It is hard to avoid it when you are sleeping with it.

Grrrrrr!

I woke up last night a couple of times with the thought, I feel like I am getting a cold. Fucking hell, what a bitch!

I went to work, but it was no good. The feeling of getting a sore throat persisted. The feeling of an imminent cold rang through me.

Then the loss of energy started, you know that kind of tiredness, and I thought I should go home and stop giving it to other people. (Do you like that, sounds good, huh?) The truth is, even though I don’t take may sick days, I’m just a slut for a sick day the moment I feel sick.

I left at 11.11am. I timed that deliberately. Skid marks on the carpet where I took off out the door.

Still, it is lovely to be walking home at midday when the sun is shining. You know, look for the bright side. That lovely sunny midday feeling, it is the very definition of relaxed.

No comments: