Saturday, November 09, 2019

Climate Change for Victorians

6pm I lit a fire. I have never had an open fire in November before. Never.

As parts of the country burn, Victorians are experiencing a big chill.

No people, our climate isn't changing, no cause for alarm.

I read a survey recently that said 38% of people don't believe in climate change. We're doomed, I tell you. People don't want to believe it because if they did they would have to change the way they live.

I made such a comment at work regarding our unseasonably cold weather, "And people still don't believe in global warming."

This was met with this response from my work colleagues, "If it was global warming, surely we'd be having hotter weather not cold." They laughed mockingly, really.

(Note to self, remember to use the term climate change) "Overall, the planet is warming, but it is the change in the weather that is significant, whether it is hot or cold. Our climate is changing, and we all need to take it more seriously," I said.

No response from the peanut gallery.

No comments: