Thursday, November 28, 2019

You've Got To Love Thursdays

It was a lovely day, the weather has been great. We both had the day off, we took the dogs to the park. The sun shone, the sky was blue.

Sam shopped in Wollies, Buddy and Bruno and I waited outside. We sat on the plantation. The Yarra City Council used to clean the streets once, clearly not any more, there was shit every where. Buddy stood in front of me, off his lead, waiting for Sam to return. Bruno sort out sticks in the garden, chewing them oblivious.

David is back from drug rehab in Thailand, he just got back to Brisbane. I asked him if he could br trusted, he said, "Next question." He's going to buy himself a new Audi, so, I guess, that will keep himself distracted. Yellow, though? He is going to buy a yellow one. I sent him a great picture of a gum metal grey one, but he has decided on yellow. "Too drab," he said. He is going to call the new car sunshine. I think I had names for my first couple of cars that I had before I grew stubble on my chin. In fact, just my first car when I was eighteen. And then it wasn't me who named it.

Jill is going to bid on two houses this weekend, she still hasn't secured a new house to live in. She says the house prices have gone crazy since they turned around. She was depressed because she sold her old house when the prices were down, but she missed buying another house in the same depressed market. "The house prices turned around so suddenly, catching me off guard," she said. They caught a lot of people off guard.

LeeLou Brown called me, her mum has been sick, mostly from a change in her meds. "She started acting like a crazy person," said LeeLou Brown. "So, we had to get her seen too." Her mum is now stabilised, and LeeLou is ready to get the hell out of Mother Dodge. She has been staying with her mum for a while. "Being a carer is hard work," she said. It sure is, I thought, and my mind wandered back to Lottie and me trying to look after her. Me, often crying in the car alone at the lights on my way home, it was such hard work.

Sam is going interstate for work next week, LeeLou and I should have a pot play date.

It was a beautiful day. It was. I love spring, crazy, balmy, changeable, slowly turning to summer, but not as hot as hell as summer can get, spring.

Anyway, I'm off to make a banana cake, my fall back cake tin filler. My mother made banana cake as her fall back cake tin filler, and although I don't make my mother's banana cake, have I turned into my mother, none the less? Do we all turn into our parents eventually? I don't know?

No comments: