Thursday, November 07, 2019

Hi Jeff

We were heading to Coles to do some shopping. As we walked down Smith Street a voice said, 

“That is Christian Fletcher, I know that voice.” 

It was Jeff Titan heading to the optometrist. Fancy seeing Jeff, after he was mentioned by BigAnge, and then I wrote about him recently. There he was, looking shiny and new and smiling and saying hello. He looked good, he hasn’t changed.

It is interesting how those coincidence happen all the time. Of course, the cave dwellers amongst us would make more of it, even David would say it was a sign from Shiva herself, of some such nonsense, but it is just a coincidence.

“Hi Jeff, how are you?” Cute as ever, I think.

Sam walked onto the super market.

"I'm good, Christian, how are you?"

Still got a thing for you handsome, even I was surprised. "I'm good. You got trouble with your eyes?"

“No trouble. It’s just twelve months is up.”

“That’s very organised.” Ha ha, 

“I’m organised, what can I say.”

You’ve still got nice eyes, kiddo. “Life’s good?”

“Life’s good,” said Jeff.

We gazed at each other after that. I have no idea what Jeff was gazing at. I was gazing at him. I’ve always liked gazing at him. It never worked out between the two of us. Pity. But that was last century.

“Well, good to see you,” I said. And it was. “You’d better get to your appointment?”

“Yes,” said Jeff.

“And I’d better get my groceries home,” I said.

“Good to see you too,” said Jeff. And there was his sweet smile.


No comments: