Friday, November 08, 2019

Day Off

It rained all morning. On and off. On and off. The rain came down.

There was a moment when the rain stopped and the sun came out, and Bruno and I headed to the dog park.

But, the rain was never far away, and it was wet and cold. New South Wales and Queensland were burning with bushfires. Funny weather we are having. You’d almost be forgiven for thinking our climate is changing. Of course, not in QLD, they don’t think our weather is changing at all. Of course, Queenslanders are smarter than the average.

Sam came home and cooked me a red curry for lunch. Heated it up. I cooked fresh rice when I got home from the dog park. In the rice cooker. I, actually, know the other way to cook rice, in a saucepan, but I don’t do it that way. Who wants to do it that way?

I spent the afternoon on the couch with Buddy and Bruno watching MotorTrendOnDemand.com, my favourite car show. A bulldog on each side. And a bunch of guys fixing up old cars. Lovely.

When I stay home all day, when Sam is working all day, I have to make sure the kitchen is cleaned up so he can come home and cook dinner. So, around 4pm I had to tear myself away from my pups and the TV to get the kitchen in order. You know, get that rice cooker back in the cupboard. Wash the saucepan in which the red curry was heated. A clean sink, and a clear bench, that’s what’s required, equals a clear conscience.  You know the look that makes it look like I have done the most work. But, I haven’t.

Tough day, but somebody has got to do it.

No comments: