Thursday, February 27, 2020

And it's Two Days Later

And now it is the 27th...


I left the house. I went and got dog food, don’t worry, I went by tram. 10 kilos of diced beef. 10 kilos is a lot to carry, on the tram.

You can’t drive when you have been smoking, they say. It is not safe, they say. I’d guess that the people who say this have never smoked a splif in their lives.

None the less, I caught the tram. It is nice, going by tram, actually, you can just stare out the window and be chauffeured, effectively.

It didn’t take long, probably less than an hour.

10 kilos in a new age supermarket bag slung over my shoulder.

So, the diced had to be ground, and I got stuck into it not long after I got home. Well, it isn’t going to grind itself, let’s face it.

Since I don’t work Thursday, or Friday, me doing it is just fine with Sam.

I ground it all up, now we can’t trust the pet food shop bought mince. “You never know what goes into that.”

But a hand mincer. Sam did his research and this was the best one to get. But you have to crank it by hand.

I put on Boz Scaggs, it is good to be able to stand still long enough to listen to an entire back catalogue, now I have Apple music.

It was kind of therapeutic. It stopped my mind from going a mile a minute, for an hour, or so.

The smell of freshly ground beef sure bought the carnivores out, Buddy and Bruno were on either side of me in a nano second, looking up.

“None for you, you aren’t getting any of this now.”

They backed off when no action was coming their way.

No comments: