Thursday, February 06, 2020

Don't You Hate The Pigs!

We took the dogs for a walk. We were on our way home, just crossing [name of street], when a car came roaring up [name of street]. I leant down and put my hand on Buddy’s harness just in case the car didn’t stop. When I could see the car was stopping, I pushed Buddy across the road in front of the car crossing next to him.

“Put your dog on a lead,” came a voice.

I spun on my heal and saw it was a copper in an unmarked car. “You should be giving away to pedestrians,” I said, the smallest part of me wondering as I said it whether I should be saying it.

“Put your dog on a lead.” He insisted, not interested in what I had to say.

Well, apparently, I wasn’t finished. “You should be going 40 kph.”

“Put your dog on a lead!” he said more forcefully. If I said he had the attitude of someone REALLY wanting to talk over me, I wouldn’t be exaggerating.

I turned away from him, thinking that I had probably said enough. His black Commodore screamed off at a million miles an hour… in a 40 kph zone.

I didn’t put Buddy on his lead, well, not for long.

No comments: