Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Early Morning Out And About

I'm up at 6am working, just because I am awake. And I kind of like it, and I'm awake early.

I make porridge and coffee pretty early, 7am, I'm hungry. 

Then we walk the dogs to the shops to buy food, primarily for them, but for us too.

On the first corner, the gay guy from a few houses up from us is sitting on a stool waiting for his coffee. Buddy walks right up to him and parks himself practically in the guys crotch. The guy just starts patting Bud, Bud knows how to get a pat.

People love the bulldogs, especially Buddy off his lead. He makes them smile as he walks towards them. A girl reaches out and pats him and he obliges and she looks so happy.

8.45am. Buddy, Bruno and I are waiting out the front of Aldi while Sam shops. I start writing my daily journal on my phone. Bruno lushes out in his super dog pose. Buddy stands for the entire proceedings, as he always does.

8.53. Standing in Johnston Street with the bulldogs standing side by side next to me outside Aldi. There is a cool breeze blowing up Johnston Street. It is a gentle morning. I like being out early, covid withstanding of course.

Sam reappears with bags of groceries. I suspect he gives me the heavy ones to carry, but, whatever, we all do that. He has to hold on to Bruno's lead, where I have no lead to hold.

It is cooler today, shorts and t-shirts and a lovely breeze to blow the days of sweat away.

I’ve still got lots of work to get through this morning, but the bulldogs needed a walk, and it makes a change from walking them every day at 4pm. I guess this is all going to be taken away from me when my work finally insists we go back to the office? That makes me feel sad. I like this free and easy work lifestyle.

And to all the CBD business owners who are trying to get the government to make office workers return to their CBD offices, um, er, don't take this the wrong way, but enjoy your bankruptcy. I mean that in the nicest possible way - well, let me say, I am as concerned about their financials as much as they are concerned about the worker's newly found happiness from working from home.

We’re back at 9.15am.


No comments: