Sunday, February 20, 2022

New Neighbours

New boy Travis moved in next door with his 2 mates. I didn't know the old tenants had moved out. Travis has far too much confidence for one person. (Probably means he’ll go far in life and always be annoying) He had those big questioning eyes as he asked me the favours he came into ask me. And he has a snarl-smile, his face just naturally goes into a grimace when he smiles. (sign of a killer?) It kind of creases up weirdly at his nose, you know like when dogs first show their teeth, but in a benevolent, 21 year old boy full of cum kind of way. It is captivating, and yet repellent all at the same time. If he’d jigged from one foot to the other, and had twitching fingers, at the same time I wouldn’t have been surprised.

I wonder if he'll be like Hunter, who has just moved out, who used to run around the house in his undies? We have a security camera on the side of our house – oh, don't ask, totally useless, except when you have a techno head for a boyfriend – that captures some of their back yard. (next door is in the periphery of the footage but still very clear, but really the camera is focused down the side of our house) My favourite was cute shirtless Hunter in track pants sitting against the outside table hand down his pants tugging away as he spoke on the phone, I assumed, to his girlfriend friend, but it could have been anybody of course. (I pictured a boyfriend, naturally, but somehow, I don't think so) I’d be guessing not his mother.

Shake of the head. Sam loves electronics, what can I say?

I know, I should have looked away, not look at all, not replayed the footage, over and over, sure, bad me. (Who’s going to do that?) If I'd gone upstairs to our second bedroom and looked out the window, I would have seen the same thing. So…

It was a good look, handsome Hunter.

When Hunter’s house mate got drunk and forgot his key and ended up climbing over our wall and then our roof (our place is on the corner) to get to their place, the security camera didn’t even capture it. (I told you, completely useless) We only knew because Sam got up for a piss at 3am and he saw the idiot on our roof. And I called the police. Then we came downstairs and watched his drunk legs dangling over the side of our house as he tried to get his drunk arse over the side fence. All we ended up hearing was him crashing to the ground on their side of the fence with an almighty thud and the obvious destruction of plant life. Oh, that’s gotta hurt I remember thinking. And I immediately regretted calling the police.

The first question Travis asked was, “Were the last guys a problem?”

Not really the first question you want to hear coming out of your new neighbours’ mouth. Does that mean you are going to be a problem, I wondered?

The drunk roof incident came to mind as I was trying to picture Travis shirtless with his hand down his track pants tugging away. I said, “No.” (they weren’t a problem)


No comments: