Sunday, February 06, 2022

David Comes To Visit

David comes to visit, first time in... um... I can't remember? A year?Two? (All the usual covid provisos apply) He's been doing his guru thing for the last two weekends in Melbourne. You know, servicing the sycophants, essentially, partnerless middle aged women who fill their lives with the new age spiritual ideas that he professors. From all accounts, well, his, he's very successful.

We laugh, we couldn't be more diametrically opposed in our beliefs and yet we are the best of friends. I laugh at what he believes, and he questions my non-belief continually telling me that I am spiritual deep down, but I just won't admit it. Yeah, right, I say.

We head out for dinner, with our old mate, Tom Vonage and his new boyfriend Matt. Actually, Tom and Matt have been going out for nearly 3 years, but with covid, and what not, it is the first time I have met Matt. He seems really nice. (They are talking about marriage)

We ate Mexican.

David bought cigarettes despite not smoking for years, because it is the first time he has been back in Melbourne without going on a drug bender, and so cigarettes are the worst thing he will allow himself to do now. Of course, I smoked too, which infuriates Sam.


No comments: