Thursday, April 14, 2022

MacBook Pro Upgrade

I had a MacBook pro with which I never had any sort of trouble. It never had anything go wrong with it. I was very happy with it.

However, when it was 9 years old, Apple deleted it from their automatic updates due to its age.

This, did exactly make it useless, but at the same time it did.

So, unfortunately, I bought a new MacBook Pro, when I say unfortunately, it was one of the dreaded 2016/2017 models, which turned out to be duds.

It has had its, dreaded, keyboard replaced 3 times, and it has had its screen replaced. The screen I had to pay for at over $1000 (despite is being a known problem) And they only replace the dreadful butterfly keyboard with new butterfly keyboards, which is the reason the keyboard has been replaced so many times, thankfully under warranty. The keys get shit under them and then they stick. I am already having a problem with my full stop key.

So, now there is a new model, with a new type of keyboard. I was going to buy the new model, but hesitated and decided I'd wait for my current laptop to break again before I bought the new model.

However, Sam is great at shopping. He gets all the bargains, from various sites, and then he is adept at getting companies to price match. So, today, I bought a new MacBook Pro for a substantial discount over the RRP.

I get it in a few days.


No comments: