Thursday, April 21, 2022

Who Knew A Flu Shot Was So Complicated

I went into the office at 9.30am to get my flu shot.

I should have gone in and talked to the big boss about working from home, but I didn't. How many times do I need to ask?

I didn't even go in and say hello.

The meeting rooms where the operation took place, are right next to my department, literally, they share a wall.

So, despite me not going into say hello, half of my team, or associated colleagues, were in the damn vaccine queue.

"Hello Christian."

"Hello Christian."

"Hello Christian."

Roll of the eyes.

Dam it. So my attempt at stealth probably, in the end, just presented itself as poor show.

Er! (You know, it is practically true, that I should so often do the opposite of what I want to do)

Although, the cute young lawyer, who spend 12 months in our department as an intern, before we'd give him his lawyer stripes, was there and he came and chatted to me. He is such a sweet boy.

He came to work in my department, and we were just starting to make eyes at each other, when the pandemic snatched him away. (Well, that is my take on it any way)

We had a nice chat. He told me he lived alone in The Docklands. We both agreed we liked lockdowns as it meant we didn't have to deal with people. He smiled at our similarity. All I could think was that I wanted to kiss him, imagining that was the real reason he told me he lived alone in the Docklands.

(Yes, I had had a joint before I left, but it was at 6am, just watching the day break, as you do, and I thought that 3 hours to sober up was enough time. I may have been wrong) 

HR came to join us, just to make our mandatory wait time seem longer. But, HR and cute young lawyer talked about shares and it was quite interesting. And in moments my phone told me 10 minutes was up, and I made my exit. 

Straight out baby, like a shot.


No comments: