Sunday, March 31, 2024

Easter Sunday

Ah, easter. I didn't eat any chocolate eggs. I did eat chocolate ice cream with strawberries, though, does that count?

Oh, I did eat a chocolate hot cross bun with lashings of butter and a cup of tea, that's more like it, huh?

That was today. I guess it doesn't matter what day you eat them as long as you get into the spirit, huh? That's what they say, isn't it?

I can't even remember when one is supposed to eat the chocolate eggs, is it Friday? No, I guess not. I guess it is today, isn't it, thinking about it logically, it would be today, I guess, keeping up with the easter myth tradition, of new life and all that. It would be today.

So, there you go, I bought into it all, ate the chocolate today. Well done me.

And we still have another day off, gotta luv that, good old easter.


The feast day of Easter was first a pagan holiday of renewal and rebirth. Honoured in the early spring, it praised the pagan goddess of fertility and spring known as 'Ostara', 'Eastre' or 'Eostre'. The word “Easter” finds its etymology from the goddess's name.


No comments: