Saturday, July 29, 2006

Civilised Society

There are places you cannot go, not because they are impenetrable forests, thick and full, not because they are oceans, as deep as a mile and as dark as the night. No, you can't go there because they are filled with humans full of hate.

I opened the newspaper to fighting all over the world, so it seems.

The world is not civilised. Human beings have learned nothing. Peace seems to be further and further away. Make love not war, seems to have been lost.

Half the world starves, yet we think we're so cool.

Half the world hates the other half and yet we think we're so cool.

And just as an aside, the planet has been poisoned and yet we think we're so cool.

Ah Saturday. Awake early. Fuck me, why can't I sleep in any more? The world is too serious for a long stretch and a big sleep in. Maybe? (if I could just piss the bed, I could sleep forever)

I've got nothing to do. First weekend in a while where I've got no plans. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing?

I should go for a bike ride, get my lazy arse pumping some k's. I have perfect calves - someone even commented on it the other day - from years of bike riding. But now, I'm too lazy to even push the bike around to the servo to pump up the tyres.

I wish I could get inspired.

I should go to the country. I should clean the house. I should read a book. I should write something. Ah!

I should take my camera and go take some photos, but there is no sun. (The sun comes out almost on queue)

I want to turn into a cat and lie in front of the open fire, without a care. Lick my paw. Purr, if I want to.

Make my human walk around me, all day. Do not disturb, would be the message that my cat eyes would be telling.


3 comments:

RIC said...

I guess there's an English word that perfectly pictures that mood you're in, an old one - spleen.
Am I right?
Seize the day, Christian! Or are you only into seizing the night?! That's not right, I guess, balance is paramount in life...
Have a NICE weekend! Strive for it!
(Is this English or German?...)

FletcherBeaver said...

no, not spleen. Maybe splendid? No, no, languidness or languid.

RIC said...

That's okay then. Being languid is positive, I'm sure. Being glad about laziness... Not bad at all!