Thursday, July 27, 2006

Day 3 - the Gnawing

Feeling good... ish. Lets not get to carried away. If only I could stop thinking about it. That's why you are pretty much defeated before you start, because the trick to stop smoking is to get it out of your head, to stop thinking about it. But to quit, you have to think about it all the time.

Only 1 zyban today.

2 kick in tomorrow.

I'm off to get my teeth cleaned at 9.30. Stella will be cross with me because I have cancelled 3 appointments this year, due to work commitments, when I should have been twice. I hope she doesn't want to send me off to the awful, scary, periodontal lady. I won't go, I'll refuse. Nice thought buddy.

Stella will be pleased that I have stopped smoking, though. Even if it is early days, even if it has only been 72 hours.

That's 60 cigarettes, 90 on a bad week (the truth is some where in between) that I haven't smoked. I like doing the cigarette count thing, it puts it in perspective for me.

I must remind Mark about my treadmill. He's supposed to be picking it up for me, because he can fit it in his 4WD.

Quitting smoking lowers your metabolism, so I gotta do something to raise it up again. Otherwise, I'll turn into a fat girl with confidence, (we all know how much a fat girl with confidence is despised, hey Tom Gaylord?) and I won't be happy about that. I'll probably take up smoking again, to kill myself because of my disgusting appearance.

Tom says I'm a known fatist.

 

2 comments:

RIC said...

Are you truly a known fatist?! That would be perhaps the most striking coincidence of the antipodes. The Portuguese are well known everywhere for being the most fatist («fado», Amália Rodrigues, bla bla bla) and dreadfully fatalist. Isn't all this a nice heritage to be born with?...
You'll get rid of them, I'm sure, unless you decide otherwise yourself. It's only a hunch, I know I could hardly know you by now, but it's not in vain that you study a little bit of psychology so tnat you can move around in an easier way in the world of fiction.

And no, you don't look like the other guy from «Lost»; I must have dreamt it one night I'd had a scotch too many.

As far as the body is concerned, I guess you'll have to start right now thinking about Springtime and all the physical exercise you'll have to endure. It'll be nice for a change...

FletcherBeaver said...

It's Tom who says I'm a fatist, but, to tell you the truth, I reckon he's projecting. I like brains and a nice smile and a kind heart... and I'm pretty much won over, after that.
I don't know about psychology, but I usually "get" people fairly easily. People are so fascinating.
I can't wait for daylight savings, so I can ride my bike after work. Of course, that's 3 months away, I might have to do some walking in the mean time.