Sunday, July 30, 2006

Delightful Morning

It was a gorgeous morning leaving Bolago, almost picture book. The honeycomb sun was just oozing in between the chocolate trees, stretched long across the mint paddocks, dazzling in its intensity. Gold and smudgy spreading out across the fields. I wished I'd had my camera, I meant to put it in the car yesterday.

I had to get Luke to the airport by 8am, so he could go visit his mum for her birthday.

I love that time of the morning, fresh, new, alive, but so often quiet and still because people are still in their beds. I love the rebirth of solitude that time of the days brings.

Luke was at the airport at 8.06.

I contemplated Manny, as I cruised down the freeway and a little morning delight. But, my mum was sick yesterday and quite depressed about it, so I thought I should go and drop in on her to see how she was. Is that above and beyond the call of duty, or what? Besides, for all of Manny's considerable charms - and he has considerable, I'm quite smitten with him physically, in case you haven't got that, thus far - I think I'm over him. I need brawn and brains and I think it is high time I got myself out looking for it. 


No comments: