Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Awesome

Do people know the meaning of the word awesome? Everybody is using it now. It is the latest "in" word, clearly. I had the most awesome time! Oh man, that is so awesome.

Awesome is Hayley's Comment flying over head. Awesome is the tsunami hitting the Indonesian beach. Awesome is a tornado coming straight at you.

Awesome is not finding that pair of shoes that match your handbag. Awesome is not hooking up with that cute boy. Awesome is not the fun you had on the long weekend.

I suspect it is America's fault - but then again I love to can America (is that an Americanism itself?) - where everything just has to be bigger and greater.

I imagine Texas would, indeed, be awesome. (to match the president(s) it has produced)


3 comments:

Earl said...

I too have noticed an increase in the usage for the word "awesome".

I'm, however, more disturbed by the resurgence of the term: Buddy.

I too shall blame the Texans.

Keshi said...

G'day mate it's an awesome day ;-)

Keshi.

FletcherBeaver said...

Hi Keshi, g'day to you.
Earl, I'm afraid I'm guilty of the buddy thang, just a little Texas creeping in. I've never thought of it being disturbing, but I'll, um, try to reign it in a bit. Not that I use it a lot.