Monday, July 17, 2006

Random Monday

"Die," was AFL star, Nick Riewoldt's response to a word association game. The word given to him was homosexual. Oh yes, Mr Riewoldt... very nice.
... I guess that puts paid to my fantasy of Nick and Adam McPhee being secret lovers.

Uma Thurman playing an insecure super hero, G-Girl, with Eddie Izzard playing the villain... that's gotta be good!

No one has ever read my journals from school, before. I've kept a journal ever since my teen years. Some of my friends are nervous about me publishing it, one day, (as if anyone would be interested) due to the record of their bad behaviour, promiscuity drug taking and non-stop partying.

Kylie's set to resume her whatever it's called tour. Why doesn't everyone spend their money on a real singer?


Is that how you feel in this big old world?


Oh surprise, surprise, religion really is going to destroy the world. Kind of ironic, really. Won't the Jesus and Allah devotes be surprised when there are no virgins and no heaven, when the bomb goes off stripping the flesh from their bones, because of the way they have acted toward each other.
Hang onto to you hats, planet earth, here we go.

Grethel says to evictee Darren, Weren't you intimidated to have a best friend relationship in the house with, David, a gay man?
Yeah, thanks Grethel, you bitch, like all straight men should be intimidated by gay men.
(The spell checker wanted to change Darren to Darwin, how very Andora, from Bewitched, of it)

I didn't smoked all day yesterday. I've been watching my diet. I soooo wanted to have fish & chips last night, but I settled on cigarettes. At least no one can see the cancer.

I stayed home all weekend. I ditched drinks on Friday night for Shane & Mark's going away. I was a no show for dinner at Tim & Nicholas' Saturday night. I didn't go Rachel's birthday drinks and dinner last night. Not to mention, I ignored Tom's suggestion of coming over last night to watch Big Brother and smoke pot. I didn't go see my mum and I turned down Mark's offer of going to Bolago to hang out while Luke worked. I slept most of Saturday afternoon and I slept most of Sunday afternoon.
I'm wondering what the hell is wrong with me?

I've quit a ten year, daily pot habit, recently... I wonder? (I've only smoked it the last two Sunday nights when Tom has bought it over for Big Brother) It was easy, no problem. But could there be side effects?

Angie Stone sings, I wish I didn't miss you.

1 comment:

richardwatts said...

Giving up pot after 10 years? Ouch - been there, done that, fucking difficult. Hell, I even checked myself into rehab at one point. Not that it worked - I came home to discover my bf and housemate getting stoned and depressed cos their school mate had just died in a motorbike accident, and started smoking with them straight away. Best time to give up a drug habit, I've discovered, is during a major emotional crises ie a breakup - the emotional pain puts withdrawal to shame...