Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday Morning

Monday morning. Er! The rain comes down, pitter pat.

Surely, I'm made for grander things, I think, as I pull on my shirt and tie.

Being brave! It's all about being brave. Throw your life to caution, they say. Have faith, just resign, they say. You are one of the ones who has "it." Usually, the ones who are saying chuck it in are usually the ones who haven't worked a day in their lives, well, certainly not this century. Thank you Tom, thank you Aby.

Oh well, I guess I should just get used to the fact that you will always be one of the boring people, said Aby.

I dare you to quit, said Tom, as he makes more plans to renovate the apartment, his parent's own, which he is just about to move into.

I think the carpet man gave me a really good deal on the carpet, said Tom. He better have, this is costing my parents thousands.

Where are my shoes? Where are my fucking shoes, I think, as I search the house for them.

Tom and Matt are fast asleep in the spare room. How nice. How I'd love to sleep in and have the day to myself.

Pitter pat sounds the rain on the tin roof. 8.06. I gotta go. Where's my umbrella? Right where I left it, gotta love living on my own.


3 comments:

RIC said...

Monday morning mood makes me feel worse than the fact I have to leave home under the rain and move to work. Once I'm at work really working, I feel okay.
Something I guess I didn't get so well: is a person somehow boring only because he works for his living? is this what your friend meant?... Lord...
Say something, will you? When you can, of course. :-)

FletcherBeaver said...

Yes, I am boring because I continue to work and I don't give over all my time to writing. I guess, in Aby's defence, she is someone who believes in my ability to write and she thinks I am wasting my time doing the 9 to 5 thing.

RIC said...

O I see now... That's a totally different thing then. I wouldn't ever say «boring» in that context. Maybe «ambitionless» instead. But that wouldn't be very polite either, would it? Even coming from a friend...
The only person who's able to assess if conditions exist to take that step is you and you alone. Others can only advise you in particular, related matters, I guess...
Then again, as far as my opinion is valid, I'd say NOW Aby IS right about your ability to write.