Sunday, July 09, 2006

Dogs

Dogs! They are so uncool when you have been used to just cats for a long period of time. They are always under your feet, always wanting attention, practically prostituting themselves for approval. I didn't realise I had become SUCH a cat person, but I have.

I had a Rottweiler for ten years, who I loved and adored. He was my first boyfriend, after I moved out of home. It was nothing, on a quiet Saturday night, for me and him to lie on the floor in front of the fire, he happily acting as a pillow, as I watched TV.

He and I did everything together.

But now, I just find Fred annoying.

Missy came and slept on my bed last night, which is something that she never does. Meow, meow, meow. Thrump, thrump, thrump, straight across the bed. Purr, purr, purr, nestled into me. Do you think it is an ownership thing? Fred is outside, the coast is, finally clear. It is her time to reclaim her owner?


No comments: