Friday, July 28, 2006

Day 4 - The Pain

Sore throat, sore mouth, sore tongue, sore chest. I thought things were supposed to get better after quitting smoking. But no, everything seems to be hurting.

My tongue feels like some one has slashed it - actually, I'll write about my impending tongue biopsy later. My throat feels like it is in the throws of a cold - of course, it could be in the throws of a cold. But I don't think it is. The back of my mouth feels like it is heading to bacteria time. My chest feels like it is post heavy night on the fags. Ah!

What is it that they say, the body puts in quite a daily effort to fight the cigarette pollutants that a smoker ingests every day, so when you quit your body relaxes and all the walls come tumbling down. Do I have that even remotely correct? You can tell that medical terminology is my forte, now can't you?

Just wait until the shit on my lungs starts to come up - the green gobs of goo. (that would be a great name for a B horror movie) I shiver in anticipation.

It is nice to have warm hands and feet, but.


1 comment:

RIC said...

It's a perfect name for s film, but I'm afraid reality is not going to be green at all. It'll be somehow more of the brownish kind...
The body is a perfectly oiled machine. It's just a matter of getting used to not being filled with filth everyday. Be patient and give it some more time to adjust. :-)