Tuesday, April 10, 2007




When I first came across this photo, I was struck by how much it reminded me of Alex. It stopped me and made me look twice the first time I saw it. It is not him, but it could be him. Somehow it is the attitude and the expression that captures Alex so well.

How many weekends did I look at him just like that, at his place when his parents were down at their Mornington Peninsula beach house.

He never wore boxers, he wore those wide sided briefs the type his mother would buy him, in 3 packs. His hair was just like that, same colour and with the same highlights.

He always wore a gold chain. The hairy legs are his, the chest is his and the shoulders are his. Yeah, sure the body is his.

The decor of his parent's house was reminiscent to this also, it gave that ex-Doncaster-show home vibe. They had a red velvet lounge suit, which I was on often enough on my knees. And we were always sponging it down afterwards, as both of us were like energiser bunnies when it came to each other and not really very careful about the mess we made.



No comments: