Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hello Beautiful

Manny called today, out of the blue. We haven't spoken in six and half months. He'd had a dream about me, so he thought he should call.

It's going well with his new boyfriend Vinnie, even if he did say they were more like best friends than lovers. Vinnie, of course, moved in with Manny, as I knew he would, pretty much from the very beginning. A full time boyfriend is what Manny always wanted, after all, which was one of the sticking points between me and him.

He says that he and Vinnie collect antiques together. I think he means bric-a-brac, collectibles, more so than antiques, as such.

He says he thinks about me often, as I do him. Sometimes I think I should call him, just to hear his voice, see how he is, but decide against it, thinking I should leave him to his new relationship. I think, I should continue moving on.

He wanted to know that I didn't think he'd done the dirty on me, dumping me like that for Vinnie. He wanted to know that I wasn't shitty with him.

No Man, I'm cool. I have nothing but lovely thoughts about you.

You should call me sometime, he said.

Maybe, I replied.


2 comments:

Gabriel said...

sometimes its best to let sleeping dogs lie. applies to not getting in touch with ex boyfriends.

FletcherBeaver said...

I agree. He was beautiful, but his time has passed.