Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lazy Thursday




Overcast. Drops of rain. Still quite warm.

Dropped the car off to be serviced. My mechanic doesn't open until 9am, so quite civilised.

A little breakfast in Bourke Street around 9.30 - poached eggs and bacon and 2 long macs, under the expansive shade of the great Plane Trees.

"It's nice to see someone whose not in a rush," said the waitress, with distinctly, defective sounding vowels. Smile.

Optometrist at 10.30, cunningly avoiding Krispy Kreme, over the road. I didn't even look. Just once, furtively. Apparently, I now have blocked glands in my eyelid, which is why I am beginning to resemble the Elephant Man, but still no trace of infection. My peripheral vision test came out fine.

I went to JB Hi Fi to buy the new Bozz Scaggs cd and came out with a copy of Deliverance, which I've never seen. Now, I'm going to smoke a joint and sit down and watch it.

Maybe, afterwards, I'll go take a nap.

Got love having time off work.

Oh yes? Note to self, write something.

The rain falls gently outside.


minute to midnight...

My bit for Movember is not shaving, I think, as I look in the mirror, at dusk, "Oooooo." I guess that would mean I'd have to give money to someone. May be I'll shave tomorrow?

"Squeal like a pig!" I wanted to see Burt Reynolds squeal like a pig. Deliverance was nicely shot, great cinematography, good colour. Was it me, or did the Jon Voit character have a "thing" for the Burt Reynolds character?

Then I pumped up the open fire with wood and watched Iron Man. Great cars. Hot Audi. Great toys. Amazing house. Purely escapist.

Followed by The Shining, which has held up okay, for a horror movie, even if its special effects are dated. It's a great piece of design.

"Here's Johnny!"


I think I'm going to find myself a copy of Midnight Cowboy.


No comments: