Sunday, November 09, 2008

Random Sunday

In an on-line poll, the question was, Should the Bali bombers be allowed to see their families?

Two thirds of Australians said no.

What sort of sad, hard-arsed, nasty, conservative country is Australia turning into?


A married guy, at the function I was barman at last night, said to me, when we were conducting the auction to raise money, "There's a couple of blokes in there who'd have my babies if I took them beer?"

I looked up and said, without thinking, "But, do you really want that?"

"Um... er... no," he said. He was really focused on me giving him the beers that any thing I said, I thought.

Late in the night, when every thing was winding up, he asked me, "Any chance of one last beer?"

"Sure," I said.

He looked me directly in the eye - he'd had many beers by this stage - and said, "I love you."

Ah, straight boys, you gotta luv 'em.


I don't get Mitchell at all. After a flurry of dirty to explicit texts, Friday night, now nothing. Not a peep? I don't get him. He was at work, after all, when he first text me Friday, so there was no chance of drunken bravado.

It leave me thinking, Who needs it? Who needs him? I'm not up for games, like, maybe once, I was. Life's too short.

Of course, he may be waiting for me to text him... 


No comments: