Saturday, April 24, 2010

Of Human Bondage

Stuart came around early and rolled joints, lovely Stuart, before he and Shane headed out.
My car was playing up yesterday afternoon and I was going to take it for a drive today to see if it still has something wrong, but, now I don't care. No, really, I don't. (The world would be a much more relaxed place if more people smoked dope, lets face it)
So, I'm watching Of Human Bondage. 1935, I think. Black and white and grainy. Some movie critics I have read, have said, that Bette Davis' performance is the greatest piece of acting by a woman ever caught on film. Apparently, it is widely accepted now that Bette should have received an Academy Award for this performance. I think now if you look up the Academy Awards for that years, her performance in this film is acknowledged.
Lazy afternoon, what else is there to do? I ask you?
The greatest actress to have ever lived, some say. It is accepted that she and Katherine Hepburn are the two great actresses. Katherine Hepburn won 4 Academy Awards. Bette won 3 Academy Awards, she should have won five. She should hold the record.
Socks, track suit pants, the sun shining in through the window. Coffee.
The promise of more joints, once Shane and Stuart come home from their lunch with a Jewish princess friend of Stuarts.
I just need grapes.
How gay is that? Should I feel like a poofter looser lying on the couch with just a dead actress as a friend? … it crossed my mind. Lovely to relax without feeling like I should be doing something. Being busy, it’s a busy old world, huh? Go, go, go! Rah, rah, be out, be seen, be fabulous, be someone.
What is it… affluenza?
Consume until it hurts, honey.
Not me babe. Push play on the remote. 
"It made me sick when I had to let you kiss me. I only kissed you because you begged me. And after you kissed me I always used to wipe my mouth, “WIPE MY MOUTH.”
Hand in the chip bowl…

No comments: