Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Aftermath

We all sat around smoking pot from an early hour. Read, I was the one to roll breakfast joint. After which, I some how ended up pot monitor and I continued to roll joints for the rest of the day, up to and past point where I was incomprehensibly stoned.


The husband asked me in the kitchen what the trouble had been at 4am and I had to answer that I didn’t know. I’m sure he thought I was blowing him off, but I still didn’t know what had happened. Suddenly, there were people having words and just as suddenly it seemed to be over, but I still hadn’t got the drift of what the problem was.


It was a beautiful day and we sat around in the sun and chatted and ate all of the left over food.

Sam and I went for a bit of a walk, but there wasn’t much more energy than that expelled.


Chatty woman and her handsome husband left some time in the early afternoon. Most of the other’s had left by then too, so we were free to talk about what the trouble had been.

“So, what happened last night?” asked Mark.

“I don’t know, I missed it,” said Luke.

“Apparently, Chatty Woman was saying how she thought her middle child was gay and that the older one and the younger one were normal,” said A, one of my friends. “The problem was that she said “normal” once too often and the crowd turned on her.”

“Who did she think she was talking to,” said one person.

“Could she not gage the crowd better than that,” said another.

“What did she expect,” said someone else.

“The problem was,” continued A, “that she was really trying to be hip and an understanding parent, it was just that her night of incessant talking and her terminology got her into trouble. She really meant well.”

Oh well, there you go, I thought. I wished I’d known that a few hours earlier when the husband was questioning me in the kitchen.


It was a lovely afternoon, the day was gorgeous.

Sam, Anthony and I left sometime around 7pm.

I had secreted away a couple of dope cookies for Monday. Halfway home I said to Sam, “Luke had so much pot, I could have taken a few buds for the next couple of days and he wouldn’t have notice.”

He looked at me as thought I was being completely naughty and answered with his customary. “No.”


We had soup for dinner and then headed to bed.

 

No comments: